Super Humic Acid for Plants – Concentrated Organic Matter
Super Humic Acid for plants is a fantastic soil amendment that improves both Clay and Sandy soils in lawns and gardens. It generates beneficial soil microbes quickly. It also helps neutralize many types of toxic conditions in soils, and allows plants to thrive where they formerly could only survive. By adding Humic Acid directly to the soil you can quickly improve numerous aspects of both the soil health and the health of the grasses, plants and crops growing in that soil.
Rich soils and composts contain large amounts of humus. This critical form of organic matter improves soil structure, aeration, nutrient retention, and provides a haven for beneficial microbes. Without humus, you don’t have soil – you have only dirt. When you look at soils on a microscopic level you find the most important and bio-chemically active part of humus is substances called Humic Acids.
Our Super Humic Acid for plants is unique product in that it contains seaweed and molasses for added plant health, vitality and pest resistance. It is a high quality source of liquid carbon that contains a wide variety of major and trace minerals, 21 amino acids and has a pH of 7.0 minimum.
I just had to email you and tell you how well my lawn and trees are doing after I have put all your ingredients on them for a month or two now. I think adding the Humic acid (recommended because of my high sodium/salt levels here in Texas) just really really helped. My St Augustine is so green now it would hurt your eyes to look at it. WOW!
– K. Hobbs
Benefits of Adding Super Humic Acid for Plants to Your Soil
- Increases the nutrient holding capacity of the soil.
- Improves fertilizer utilization by “chelating” nutrients, which puts them into a more absorbable form.
- Buffers pH problems by allowing plants to get nutrients otherwise “locked” in the soil due to high or low pH.
- Increases and enlarges root systems and promotes plant cell division.
- Helps buffer the effects of high salts in soils whether from natural soil conditions or due to excess fertilizers, ocean water or even dog urine (See Dog Spot Aid below)
- Improves the growth of various groups of beneficial micro-organisms including those that help detoxify soils. Often used in soil bioremediation projects.
- Changes the physical and mechanical properties of the soil in structure, color, and consistency. Helps aerate and bioactivate soils.
- Increases the permeability of plant membranes, promotes more efficient nutrient uptake of foliar nutrients.
- Adds Carbon and also aids in correcting plant chlorosis.
- Improves germination rates of seed.
Recommended Application Rates for Super Humic Acid for Plants
- SOIL / FARM: Apply 1-2 gals. SUPER HUMIC ACID for plants with sufficient water to cover per 1 acre. Broadcast directly onto soil at pre- planting. For best results incorporate into the top 1-2 inches. It is not necessary to use more than 1 gallon per acre twice a year Spring and Fall application.
- TURF GRASS / GARDENS SOIL: Apply 1 quart per 5000 sf. (Commercial Turf application at 2% solution mix.) Apply directly after a dry fertilizer application.
- GARDENS/ POTTED PLANTS / TREES / SHRUBS: Mix 2-3 oz to each gallon of water. Apply solution around root zone of existing plants: Water in just enough to soak the root zone (up to 4 inches for most.) Apply as often as every two weeks.
- ROW CROPS / FOLIAR SPRAY: Mix 1-2 quart. SUPER HUMIC ACID for plants with sufficient water to cover, per acre. Mist tops and bottoms of leaves. Moisten only to the point of run-off. (USE MINIMUM OF 5 GALLONS OF WATER.)
- TREE CROPS: Mix 2-4 qts. SUPER HUMIC ACID for plants with sufficient water to cover, per acre. Mist tops and bottoms of leaves. Moisten only to the point of run-off. (USE MINIMUM OF 50 GALLONS OF WATER.) *Repeat in a regular foliar feed program.
- GREENHOUSE: Using a 1% mix ratio (IE 2 qt. for 50 gallon) water over plants until it soaked into the ground. (1-2 inches) For hydroponics: Use at 250 ppm.
- HOUSEPLANTS: Apply 2 tablespoons per gallon of water. Water as normal around base of plant.
- DOG SPOT AID/PREVENTION – LAWN DETOX
- Initially apply heavily at 1½ oz per 100 sf or 12 oz per 1000 sf. After applying give the lawn a good watering to move the Humic Acid into the root zone.
- Apply again in 3 weeks at 1 oz per 100 sf or – 6 oz per 1000 sf and water in.
- Then apply every 6 weeks at the 1 oz per 100 sf or 6 oz per 1000 sf.
Make sure to water the lawn regularly as a general rule when dog spots are a problem.
Note: Our Nature’s Magic can also be used for Dog Spot Aid since it is 60% Super Strength Humic Acid and 40% Seaweed. The Seaweed also bio-activates soils and would help grasses recover faster. If you choose to use the Nature’s Magic use 2 oz per 100 sf and 18 oz per 1000 sf for first and second applications and then cut that in half for remaining applications.
- OUR SUPER HUMIC ACID IS NOT A FERTILIZER. It enhances soil particles, to help root growth. Use at planting stage to help start root growth and through out the growing season.
Humus has been referred to as “the most important source of human wealth on this planet”. Humus is dark colored, mostly decomposed organic matter that remains after plant or animal residues have bio-degraded or composted. It can occur naturally or it can be created intentionally with good gardening/agricultural practices. Aside from helping improve soil structure, Humus is a virtual storehouse for both micronutrients (trace elements) and essential macronutrients – nitrogen, phosphate, and potassium. Humus is loaded with beneficial biolife as well.
The importance of humus is not a recent discovery. Soil fertilization in early agricultural practices was based on the recycling of organic -vegetable, animal and human- waste. It can be said that the organic matter content of a soil generally determines both the quality and fertility of that soil. Since all organic matter eventually bio-degrades to Carbon, the amount of available Carbon is another way to measure the quality of a soil. Carbon can be added to soils directly. In fact, it has been recently determined that the super rich, humus-laden soils of the Amazon Basin know as Terra Preta (dark soil) are actually man-made soils containing carbon-rich charcoal along with animal manures, fish residues as well as pottery shards.
We can now accurately measure and identify the different humus components in soils. The most important and bio-chemically active part of humus are substances called Humic Acids. Humic Acids are essentially a bioactive, liquid form of Carbon.
Our Humic Acid is derived from Leonardite ore, mined in the North Central United States. Leonardite is prehistoric plant matter that has been completely decomposed into a bio-active carbon and compressed into a coal-like solid. Our Humic Acids are acceptable by the OCIA standards as “organic”.
Also available for wholesale and bulk orders. E-mail us for details.