Contains 26% Sulfur and 12% Nitrogen
Liquid Sulfur is 100% water soluble and immediately available to the plant through foliar feeding. It can be applied to correct sulfur deficiencies as indicated by leaf tissue analysis or visual inspection. Some of the indicators of Sulfur deficiency are stunted growth, inter-venal chlorosis, and new growth turns pale yellow while older growth stays green.
No living organism, large or small, can survive without a consistent supply of sulfur. It is considered a vital Secondary Nutrient. In the case of plants, it is required for at least two major reasons: it is the enzyme activator necessary for the plant to induct nitrogen, and it is essential for protein synthesis. Most soils low in sulfur are usually low in organic matter, have a coarse texture, and probably have a high pH. It is essential that plants be kept supplied with sulfur throughout the growing season.
Liquid Sulfur is a highly concentrated product derived from Ammonium Thiosulfate, with a considerable nitrogen benefit as well. Care should be taken not to over-apply since too much could cause burn. Be sure to read label directions.
- Bare Soil: Apply 1-2 gallons with sufficient water per acre pre-planting. Incorporate into the top 1-2 inches. Apply when soil Sulfur levels are low.
- Lawns: Apply at 2-3 oz per gallon of water and water in lightly. Do not apply more than 6 oz total per 1000 sf. Do not apply when grass is under heat or drought stress.
- Foliar: Mist tops and bottoms of leaves. Moisten only to the point of run-off. A good spreader sticker, like our Wetting Agent, will enhance uptake and effectiveness. Do not use the foliar feeding method on flowering plants with this product. The nitrogen and sulfur content can potentially burn the leaves and flowers.
- Row Crops: Mix 1-2 pints of Liquid Sulfur per acre using a minimum of 15 gallons of water.
- Home Gardens: Apply with a pump or any pressure type sprayer that can produce a fine spray. Use up to 2 oz per gallon of water.
- Tree Crops: Mix 2-3 quarts of Liquid Sulfur with a minimum 100 gallons of water per acre.
- Applications should be repeated monthly throughout the growing season or as testing indicates.
Also available in 55-gal drums, 250-gal totes, 1000 and 4500-gal bulk. E-mail us for details.
|Liquid Sulfur Label|