Aerify! Liquid Soil Aeration & Clay Soil Loosener for Lawn and Garden
Compacted and clay soils cause unhealthy plants, lawns, and trees. They stay soggy when wet, and turn rock hard when they dry out in the summer. When soils are “tight”, necessary air, water and nutrients can not move through the soil. Disease occurs. Roots are stunted. Beneficial micro-organisms can’t survive. Plants are stressed and weakened. When you are doing everything else right, soil compaction will ruin all your efforts. You need a liquid soil aerator.
AERIFY! liquid soil aeration is a soil penetrant that breaks apart tightly bonded clay particles. This creates “space” in the soil, allowing roots, water and oxygen to permeate and aides in the aeration of lawns. Once you get oxygen into a clay soil, beneficial microbes will be able to survive and turn organic matter into all-important humus. When you have humus, you’ll have much better soil quality and structure. Aerify! liquid soil aerator relieves compaction, helps create humus, and brings about the aerated, living soil that all gardeners love to have.
“For 1/2 the price of getting my yard aerated with a machine, I was able to put on 4 applications of your Aerify to my yard (Georgia red clay). By the end of the fall the soil was definitley looser and there were finally earthworms too. The grass had deeper roots and it was much thicker.”
W. Read, Marietta
Benefits of AERIFY! Liquid Soil Aerator:
- Eliminates the need for mechanical aeration * see below
- Reduces soil compaction and aides in the aeration of lawns
- Breaks up clay deeply
- Improves soil structure and humus formation
- Can be applied any time during the growing season
- Increases earthworm activity
- Helps bioactivate all soils
- Safe to use around sprinklers
- Improves rooting by loosening soil
- Improves air and water penetration
- An IONIZED Soil Conditioner
- Completely biodegradable
- Helps save water & reduce plant stress and disease
- Improves drainage & prevents erosion
- Saves time and money
“My clay garden soil improved right away with Aerify. I actually enjoy digging in it now.”
B. Butler San Diego, Cal
If your organic fertilizers, composts, teas, humates, enzymes and other soil improvement products are not working as well as you think they should, it is probably because these products require a minimal amount of soil aeration in order to do their job. Get some AERIFY! in the soil and see the difference it makes. If your soil is lacking in organic matter use Aerify PLUS instead.
Aerify! is economical and easy to use. One quart of Aerify! Covers 16,000 to 32,000 square feet of lawn or garden. Aerify! can also be mixed with most liquid fertilizers or soil amendments. (Do a jar test first to assure compatibility.)
“I used Aerify in the fall. This spring when the snow melted my lawn was not the usual soggy swamp it normally is. Drainage is definitely better.”
D. Murphy Stockbridge, Mass
Application Rates for Aerify!
FOR SEVERE COMPACTION OR HIGHER CLAY CONTENT SOILS: Apply 2 oz per 1,000 sf using a hose-end sprayer, pump sprayer or any commercial sprayer. Water into the soil after the application (or within a day or two) so it can start to work Do a follow up application 1-2 weeks after the initial application is watered in. Repeat applications every 1-2 months are suggested until the soil has improved to your satisfaction.
If using an adjustable hose-end sprayer set it to 1 oz per gallon. If using a watering can for smaller areas, put in 1-2 teaspoons of Aerify per gallon of water.
FOR REGULAR MAINTENANCE OF LAWNS. GARDENS, TREES AND SHRUBS: Apply1-2 ounces of Aerify! concentrate per 1000 sq.ft. Apply every 2-3 months for general maintenance. Apply spring and fall once soil has improved to your satisfaction.
I got quotes of $55-$75 to have my yard core aerated. I can
do a better job with Aerify! for about $5-$6.
Jerome F. Mamaroneck, NY
Mechanical Aeration vs. Liquid Aeraton for Lawns
- Aerating machines only penetrate up to 2-3 inches into the root zone and much less on bumpy or thatchy lawns. This is where the soil is already pretty good on a lot of lawns. You want to get into the tougher, more clay-like soil to encourage rooting and improve drainage. Aerify! will penetrate 3-8 inches, well beyond the existing root zone. Additional applications will penetrate even deeper.
- Aerating machines expose weed seeds to light and encourage weeds to germinate.
- If you do not have a thick lawn, then removing plugs of grass and roots with a machine will result in thinning out the lawn.
- Aerating machines do not structurally change the soil, they only temporarily change your lawn by poking holes every six inches. Aerify! covers 100% of the lawn and it actually breaks up the bonds that hold clay particles together.
- Aerating machines can harm tree roots, sprinklers, and hidden pipes or wires under the lawn. Aerify! is completely safe to use over all lawn areas. And because it penetrates deeper, it will help trees too.
- Aerating machines are only used in the spring and fall when conditions are just right. Aerify! can be used any time of the year.
- Aerating machines leave messy plugs on top of the lawn. Aerify! leaves no mess at all.
- Aerating machines are heavy and can be hard for the homeowner to use. Aerify! can be applied easily with a hose-end sprayer.
- Renting aerating machines or hiring a service to core aerate your lawn can be expensive. Aerify! is economically priced and most homeowners will get multiple uses from just one bottle.
Field notes: Nature’s Lawn and Garden, Inc. has been professionally servicing home lawns for over 35 years. We were one of the first companies to offer core aeration for home lawns. But we eventually learned that core aeration did not really do much to aerate or change the soil where it was really needed – deep in the root zone. We spent over 10 years trying out various liquid aerating or soil conditioning products, mostly biological in nature, that claimed to be able to loosen clay soil. When we saw the results we were getting with Aerify!, we knew we finally had something that worked on all soil types. Today we use Aerify PLUS (half Aerify! and half Nature’s Magic) for our Liquid Aeration home service applications. This helps generate and feed beneficial soil microbes, and it stimulates root and leaf development as well.
Label and Material Safety Data Sheet
|Aerify! Material Safety Data Sheet|