Also available in 30 and 55-gal drums, 275-gal totes, 1000 and 4500-gal bulk. E-mail us for details.
Sugar-Chelated Iron for Quick Greening of Lawns and Plants
6% Iron .80% Manganese .75% Nitrogen
affected by chlorosis
Iron (Fe) is a vital micro-nutrient required by plants in order to form chlorophyll. And chlorophyll is what gives plants their green color. Iron deficiency occurs when there is either not enough iron in the soil, or the iron is tied up and unavailable do to high pH (alkaline soil), or poor aeration. It can also be induced by an over-abundance of calcium in the soil or an over-application of lime. *
Iron chlorosis is the name of the condition found in plants that are iron deficient. It is one of the most common micro-nutrient problems of ornamentals, shrubs, vines, small fruits, and trees. Leaves of affected plants are yellow, light green, or white with distinct green veins.
Our LIQUID IRON is safely sugar-chelated (no EDTA) meaning it will absorb and green plants up quickly and will last longer than other non-chelated irons. We have also added in small amounts of Nitrogen and Manganese for better uptake and effectiveness.
By using LIQUID IRON in your lawn care program, you can improve color without forcing the growth that you get with high nitrogen fertilizers.
You can mix LIQUID IRON with other liquid fertilizers, but do a jar test first to ensure compatibility.
MOSS CONTROL Iron products have long been used to kill moss in lawns. Customers report that spraying Liquid Iron at a heavy concentration of 6 oz per gallon of water, using a fine mist pump sprayer, will take care of a moss problem. At this rate, both the moss and the lawn may turn brown or black, but the grass should recover if not already under heat or drought stress. If the moss just turns yellow after an application, it will not die. In that case you need to reapply.
- Foliar Spray for Plants, Gardens, Nursery, Trees: Apply 1 – 2 ounces per gallon of water ( 1 tablespoon per qt ) in a pump, trigger or tank sprayer. A good spreader sticker, like our Formula Wetting Agent, will enhance uptake and effectiveness.
- Agriculture: Apply 1-2 qts per acre for Row Crops or 3-4 qts per acre for Tree Crops.
- Lawns, Greens, Tees: Apply up to 10 oz per 1000 sf at a rate of 2-3 oz per gallon of water. Can also be applied through a hose-end sprayer for lawn applications. Do not apply at this rate more than twice per season.
- Fairways and Commercial Turf: Apply a 1-2% solution of Liquid Iron with tank sprayer or through sprinkler system. Repeat as needed.
- CAUTION: Avoid getting LIQUID IRON on walls, walls, concrete, masonry etc… IRON WILL STAIN.
* BY using our HUMIC ACID or NATURE’S MAGIC on your soil, soil nutrients will be more available to the plants and you can reduce the effects of an alkaline pH. These would be especially beneficial in the case of Iron Chlorosis.If your soil is claylike, compacted or lacking aeration, apply our AERIFY PLUS Soil Conditioner to help open up the soil.
|Liquid Iron Label|